New Website Feature Update: June 5, 2015
As we transition from the classic site to the new Ancestry over the next couple of months, we are still working on a few final missing features, as well as making continued improvements to new features based on your feedback. Below is an updated list of the features we are currently working on.
Scheduled to be available in the next couple of weeks:
- Web Links: quick links to web pages (completed June 19th)
- Media Gallery features:
- Save: Save photos to your family trees from the new media viewer (completed July 14th)
- Edit: change the description and details on a photo or story (completed July 14th)
- Create/upload story: create and upload a new story in the media Gallery (completed July 14th)
- Audio/video file support: view and listen to audio and video files (completed July 14th)
Planned to be available in about a month:
- Profile picture cropping: edit/crop a profile photo to fit in the circular photo space
- Quick Edit: edit vital information directly from the tree viewer (completed July 7th)
- Media Gallery sorting/filtering: sort and filter by media type, chronological order
- FamilySearch integration: LDS Account holders can share information between their Ancestry tree and their Family Tree on FamilySearch
Exact Functionality/Timing still TBD:
- Member Connect features: Find other members researching a similar ancestor and save info from their family trees
- Print option on profile pages: Create a printer-friendly version of the profile pages of the individuals in your tree.
Lower-priority features/not currently being addressed: These features have very low usage. We will evaluate these once we have taken care of the more important needs and features represented above.
- Family Group Sheet: a family view of the tree data
- Military Pages: tribute pages for ancestors who served in the military
Thank you for your patience during this transition period and for your feedback – please keep it coming! We are excited to be putting the finishing touches on the new Ancestry so that the site will be better for everyone.
UPDATE on July 15, 2015: We have published a new update that includes an expanded list of features being worked on, features coming and what is under review. We will keep updating this one until it is closed out, but please refer to this post for more detail. Thank you.